List of Best Schools in Chennai
The best rated and top school in all Chennai locations along with information about their board, curriculum, affiliation, and school faciltities. re listed below.Find all the details like admissions applicationnprocess and forms availability, fee details and also read the reviews about schools in Chennai.
Schools of Chennai
They are mostly under the Tamil Nadu government either by private bodies, by individuals or sponsored financially by the state government. Tamil and English are the instruction mediums used in schools across Chennai. The Tamil Nadu State Board, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) and the National Institute of Open Learning curricula or educational boards followed in Chennai schools. Some schools do also follow the syllabus of the International Baccalaureate. Here in Chennai it is compulsory that every child in Chennai to attend three years of kindergarten school, followed by ten years primary & secondary education and two years of higher secondary schooling.
Chennai Education System
Education in Chennai usually depends on the syllabus offered and parents generally choose schools based on the syllabus it offers rather than on the kind of education imparted by the school. Schooling begins at the age of 3 with two years of kindergarten, followed by 10 years of primary and secondary education, then two years of higher secondary education in either one of the two streams: science or commerce before being eligible for college education in a general or professional field of study. The moral education programme was made as a mandatory in Chennai schools and colleges
Education Board in Chennai
Schools in Chennai usually offer both Indian and International syllabi and some of which are:
- CBSE -Central Board of Secondary Education usually followed in public and private schools, controlled and managed by Government of India.
- ICSE- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. It is a private, non-governmental board of school education upto class 10th.
- Tamilnadu State Board or Matriculation board –It is board of Education operated by StateGovernments individually
- Internationalor Cambridge University – An academically rigorous with Internationally recognized and specialized English language curriculum
- IB- International Baccalaureate,an internationally recognised course, taken by students all around the world.